 General / 1610
Re: After X-mas sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 23:13:48 GMT

John VanZwieten <john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:
Do the clearance sales at Target start the day after X-mas, or a bit later?
Also, what other U.S. stores have similar sales?
-John Van (pocketbook ready to go)

Do yourself a favor and put that pocketbook away for a few weeks.

The sales begin pretty quickly, but the only way you'll ever see the
legendary 70% off sales is if you excercise some self control and
ignore the run-of-the-mill 20% sales (and more).

Target will be happy to sell you the same sets at 70% off, but they
can't do it if you buy them up during the gradual drops in price
throughout January.

Same goes for Wal-Mart as well.  In fact, in my experience, WM is
worse.  I've seen one WM refuse to drop the same item 3 other stores
in town kept discounting, and I suspect it had something to do with
some over zealous person jumping the gun and buying at 25% off.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET