 General / 1609
Target Sale: NOT A HOAX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 22:27:11 GMT

Someone returned empty-handed from a Target and was wondering if the
rumored sale was a hoax.  I can assure you that it is not.

I visited four Atlanta area Targets today.  I spent a total of $125, and
got the big fiber-optic UFO set, both smaller light-n-sound Insectoid
kits (Celestial Stinger and Sonic Stinger, I think), Treasure Raiders
(with the big mummy case) and two new Adventurers kits, the Pontoon
Plane and Spider's Secret.  As I figure it that's about $200 at full
retail.

1998 Ninja, Insectoids, remaining UFO, Town, Duplo, Technic, all of it
is at about 40% off.  If the boxes don't have red tags, scan it!  I
scanned the big UFO kit and it was going for $46, although the sticker
on the box said $80.  Most of the stores I visited did not have the red
tags, yet everything was marked down.

The only exceptions I noticed were the two big 1998 Adventurers sets,
which were still at $70 and $45, although even that is less than they
were when they were introduced.  The only bad news of the day is that I
was unable to find an Arachnoid Base (the biggest Insectoid kit) in any
of the stores.  But the good news is that I saved enough to buy it at

/ _ _ / _ _          Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============