 General / 1617
Re: After X-mas sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 04:06:24 GMT

I'm excited to check out my regular Wal-Mart due to what I heard some Lego reps
discussing. Back in the beginning of Dec. there were 3 reps there setting up a
Duplo train display and they were basically in awe as to how much Lego this
Wal-Mart had in stock. They made the comment this store had more than even the
biggest store in Chicago. What is weird is that the store had no Ninja all month
long (except for the 2 smallest sets - the ninja on the horse and 6045 - Ninja
Surprise).
I'm hoping for some discounts on the Adventurers - we only have a small set from
that line. Too bad they messed up what could have been a cool car/jeep, I was quite
bummed to discover that the doors don't open. I'm pretty new to the Lego world, I
guess that car not having working doors is part of the "juniorazation" of Lego many
are unhappy with?

Julie

Well there is always WalMart.

Barry