 General / 15916
  I just held a Lego Show!

I'm physically exhausted and mentally bouncing off the walls! I just spent the day at my daughter's school running a "Lego show". What this consisted of was as many kids as wanted to, bringing in original Lego creations, and displaying them all for (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) That rocks. It sounds like there's a lot of local interest in Lego where you're at. (...) Wow. Nine! It sounds like he really has a talent and / or a passion for engineering. I want to see what cool things he's done in 5 years. Cheers, - (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) Yeah, where I used to live I could barely get my best friend to get into lego, let alone the school... (then again, there weren't any AFOLs to help me... I was nine myself... :) (...) I'm baby-sitting two five-y/o twins that have a lot of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) you're at. (...) (snip sig.) Do you have any pictures or material on this event? How was it publicized? Any pics of the winner's models? -John Rudy (Just Curious) ___...___ Have you checked LUGNET today? (URL) stop for LEGO info. (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

Sproat Wrote: (...) There's sure a lot of interest from the kids, but I think that's probably true anywhere. It just takes an interested adult or two to give them a forum or a way of showing off what they can do. The amount of enthusiasm from the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: I just held a Lego Show!

(...) I took pictures, but with a film camera so it will be a week or two before I have them available to post. Because of the kids in them, I will also want to get parents permission before posting them. It was only publicised within the school: (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)