 General / 15805
  Old style clear windshields

Recently there was a discussion about the clear slopes, specifically 2x2x2 steep slopes, which some of you folks call "minifig dress" pieces. I checked my clear parts box, and came across a bunch of those. But in addition I came across some old (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

I just put together my 780 Road Construction set last night (which I think was my first Lego set), which Steve recently rescued from the jumble of sets from our childhood, and I completed through some trades with a few Lugneteers/RTLers. This set (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

(...) I don't think they are all that rare, but they are just an interesting item. Gary Istok (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

(...) I used one in a model of a butcher's shop (as a part of the refrigerated counter) and was mildly surprised when people asked about the piece. It must have been in one of the first sets I ever got, because I've had it as long as I can remember. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

(...) I've got several of them in clear lots. The more unusual and interesting one I have is a 1.something x 4 x 1 clear windshield with curved front. (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

(...) I had a couple in my collection, as well-- They came from a Universal Building Set (if that gives you an idea as to the ancientness of the set) that was largely blue... One of the featured models was a blue helicopter that used three of these (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

I suspect that the pieces in question were 'a plate shy of full height' (so to speak; the same might be said of me) so that models could be made that had windshields and came out to an even number of bricks in height, as one of these pieces with a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

My collection has a couple of these windshields as well. While i do not remember what set these came from, i *believe* that they are a plate short so that you could put a 2x4 clear plate on the bottom of them, which would be necessary for "stacking" (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

(...) J.D. Are you thinking about set Universal set #733? That had a lot of blue slopes and other blue pieces (along with a lot of red bricks). That set had the 2x2x2 "minifig dress" type clear slopes. Gary Istok (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Old style clear windshields

I have several of those windows. Right now I have a Tipper Truck (have two, rescued one from the collective). All the models I have did not come with clear plates. My models all had red plates one the bottom of the windshields. I suspect that you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)