 General / 15819
Re: Old style clear windshields
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:34:44 GMT

I suspect that the pieces in question were 'a plate shy of full height' (so to
speak; the same might be said of me) so that models could be made that had
windshields and came out to an even number of bricks in height, as one of
these pieces with a plate on top is two bricks in height.

-Cheese

In lugnet.general, John D. Forinash writes:
In article <Fqt8qA.446@lugnet.com>, Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:
I used one in a model of a butcher's shop (as a part of the refrigerated
counter) and was mildly surprised when people asked about the piece.  It must
have been in one of the first sets I ever got, because I've had it as long • as I
can remember.

I had a couple in my collection, as well-- They came from a Universal
Building Set (if that gives you an idea as to the ancientness of the
set) that was largely blue... One of the featured models was a blue
helicopter that used three of these windows as the front windscreen. I
suspect they've been other places, as well, but that's the only set I
know for certain had 'em.

I'd always wondered why they picked 2x2x1 2/3s as a size...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <