 General / 15047
Re: Is anyone else getting sick of it all?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 17:04:13 GMT

Eric,

Great point.

This reminds me of one of the cardinal rules of amateur radio when you are
dealing with pirates and jamming stations:  Just ignore them.  Do not talk
back, do not engage in conversation, do not discuss their behaviour in the
clear, and do not lower yourself to their level.

Only by ignoring them will they go away. Being bothered by poor behavior is
fine, even commendable.  If you let them know that their behaviour has made
you upset, however, then they have been acknowledged.

Really, wouldn't the S/N ratio improve if we just ignored things that bothered
or offended us and instead posted something new and creative in another
thread?  Go build something super new cool MOC and put some pictures of it up
for us all to enjoy.

Imagine a world where bad threads just died away.  Now, isn't that nice?

Of course, by engaging in this thread, I probably violated my own rules, but
maybe not, because I tried to stay above specifics.

Now play well, darn it!

Will

(Ooops.  I just showed a bit more of how geeky I really am by mentioning the
Ham thing.  My call sign is N2KNU if anyone is interested, though I'm hardly
on the air anymore.)