 General / 15046
15045  |  15047
Subject:
Is anyone else getting sick of it all?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:42:52 GMT

Man, I feel like I'm back on RTL.  What the heck happened here?  Can't some of
you guys ever just drop anything???  All this SPAM crap and auction posting
crap is just that.  Just crap.  Do you REALLY think the bickering helps?
Somebody makes an inappropriate post.  Next, 10 people tell that person
publicly that the post was inappropriate.  Then 20 more people chime in to
argue for or against the issue.  That one inappropriate post has now spawned
50 or so more equally inappropriate posts.  Who is more guilty?  It reminds me
of the saying, and I am NOT implying anyone here is foolish, "Who is more
foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows?"  Let it go.  Maybe it was a
mistake, maybe it wasn't.  I know I made it on to the next post, and the sun
came up for me the next day.  I would wager it did for most of you too.  Or
does it give your life some sort of validation to be able to single someone
out and say, "You are wrong, and I am pointing it out for all to see so they
know my greatness!"

And the "SPAM"...  Give me a break.  I don't even want to get started.  Guess
my time is so cheap I can afford to spend seconds a day deleting it from my
mail.

Please!  Stop fighting.  If there is a problem, let Todd handle it.  He has
proven time and time again he is a very capable person.  If he doesn't have
the time, I'm sure he is capable of delegating the authority to someone he
trusts.  (My appologies if he has done this.  Maybe I missed it)  The
suggesting of having individuals or groups of people moderating the groups is
sounding better and better every day.

Nobody likes being told they are wrong in front of their peers.  If someone
does wrong, tell them privatley.  It's a lot easier to take it when it seems
like constructive criticism, instead of a full on attack.