 General / 15001
Re: Where are the sales this year????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:27:09 GMT

Clearanced Legos hide in one of 3-4 places in the typical walmart...

1) On the Lego aisle - know your Lego, look for items that the
overworked and underpaid clerks forgot to retag.

2) On a toy-dept clearance aisle - should be obvious, but in any case
see #1

3) On a store-wide clearance aisle - some stores use this approach,
rather than dept-by-dept

4) The Lego aisle and look up high. Sometimes they forget the stuff on
top should be clearanced also.

Ray

Brad Hamilton wrote:

I'm in Orange County, California (near Irvine if you know where that is)

Unfortunately, the WM by me hasn't had a "clearance" section recently.
Perhaps its hiding and I need to look harder.

Those prices he got sound like the wonderful steals I got last year!
Perhaps this is just a temporary lull and I just need to keep checking back.

Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu> wrote in message

Jeff Johnston wrote:

Brad Hamilton wrote:

Last year, I made weekly trips to Wallmart, and Toys R Us.

Each trip, I would almost always find one or more sets at • hugediscounts
(like 50% off).

This year, I'm having an awfully tough time finding ANY kind of • discounts.
I've seen a few old castle sets about 20% off, but that's about it.

Hmm...I've found the FNF at WM for $40, the Amazon Ancient Ruins for • about
half price, got a River Expedition for $20, Sphinx Secret Surprise for • $9, Air
Zeppelin for $9, the WM 'special bonus pack for $14...and I have to • compete
with
the Auczilla buyers, so I'd say that they're out there.

(Are you sure you're looking in WM's clearance aisle and not just their • toy
section?  Also, I've noticed that a lot of WMs have a 'toy clearance' • section
and then another clearance section, often nearby, which frequently has • some LEGO
tucked into it.)

Also, where are you located?  It's possible that those of us who have been • fanning
out across this great countryside of ours (North America in general) have • stumbled
upon your sleepy little hollow while you weren't looking and...*SNAP!*  To • borrow
Larry P.'s metaphor on the trainheads and clearance sales, we're like • locusts.

best,

Lindsay

--
mailto:rsanders@svic.net
Experienced Macintosh developer seeks telecomuting position.