 General / 14962
Re: Where are the sales this year????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:47:40 GMT

Brad Hamilton wrote:

Last year, I made weekly trips to Wallmart, and Toys R Us.

Each trip, I would almost always find one or more sets at hugediscounts
(like 50% off).

This year, I'm having an awfully tough time finding ANY kind of discounts.
I've seen a few old castle sets about 20% off, but that's about it.

Hmm...I've found the FNF at WM for $40, the Amazon Ancient Ruins for about
half price, got a River Expedition for $20, Sphinx Secret Surprise for $9, Air
Zeppelin for $9, the WM 'special bonus pack for $14...and I have to compete
with
the Auczilla buyers, so I'd say that they're out there.

(Are you sure you're looking in WM's clearance aisle and not just their toy
section?  Also, I've noticed that a lot of WMs have a 'toy clearance' section
and then another clearance section, often nearby, which frequently has some LEGO
tucked into it.)

Is there a group in Lugnet for posting sales that people find?

lugnet.market.shopping is where I look (and post).

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m