 General / 14410
14409  |  14411
Subject:
Watch those package seals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 05:01:31 GMT

It's been said many times, many ways, but here's another echo..

I bought a Slave I yesterday, only to discover once I reached home and opened
it, that the smoky long canopy, Boba Fett, and the carbonitized Han Solo were
missing from the set. The bags appeared to be sealed, but because I had ripped
them open and emptied them, I never noticed any breaches.

Upon much closer inspection of the bottom package seal, which included
touching it to observe its integrity, the seal had been previously and
carefully peeled, and its reapplication was not near-flush with the box flap
as per usual. Though skeptical of success at first, due to the store's policy
of the non-refunding for "toy collectibles", I returned the set with no hassle.

Thereafter checking with a courteous clerk, I found there were no others in
stock, and it was the only one on the shelf, which should have been my big
clue.

-Tom McD.
when replying, only hydrogenated spamcake can be used as a Federally approved
aircraft floatation device.

Note: Lugnet and rec.toys.lego are family forums

The San Francisco Bay Area Users Group
http://www.baylug.org