 Star Wars / 5782
Re: Watch those package seals!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 12:42:11 GMT

Mookie wrote:

Wal-mart is getting pretty bad lately :( I went in last night and found
no less than FIFTEEN boxes on the shelfs that had been opened and
emptied of their contents. There were lego booklets everywhere, opened
boxes everywhere most of them smaller sets, though 3 big sets too, one
of the space bonus sets had both sets missing too. I mentioned this to a
couple of "kids" working in the dept and their only response was they
just came on duty 2 mins ago.. which I know was a lie because I saw them
sitting in the same chairs putting price tags on things 20 mins before
that.. seems they don't care if stuff is being stolen :(  It's no wonder
they won't take anything back, they can't be sure if it was stolen in
the first place..
Granted, I'd rather they didn't take the stuff, though it's better to be
able to see that there's nothing there then get it home and find stuff
missing...

Tamy

Very sad. Maybe we AFOL's could chime in and offer to buy up the sets
that are ripped up. Might be a good way to get some decent parts, if the
price is right.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com