 General / 14294
14293  |  14295
Subject:
I'm Mad as Heck, & I'm Not Gonna Take it Anymore!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:41:43 GMT

I went to Meijer in Greenville today to spend my $10 gift certificate on some
clearance Legos when I heard the following: "Attention - all Clearance items
in the toy department will be an additional 50% off for the next fifteen
minutes." So, being the rabid Lego buyer that I am, I quickly ran to the Legos
and grabbed the big UFO ship (yeah, I know, but it was all I could afford)
that was already only $40, thinking I could get it for $20. But when I got to
the checkout the girl scanned it at the regular price and said that because it
didn't have a clearance sticker (even though there was a big sign in the Legos
that said 'UFO Lego System $39.99'), it couldn't be cut any more.
Am I wrong to be mad at these people?

Jeremiah VanderMark