 General / 14293
14292  |  14294
Subject:
Lego on A&E Last night and Lego fans (yoda777)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:45:28 GMT

I caught the tail end of an A&E program that covers the top ten destinations
to live, for romance, toys etc. This episode covered the top ten romantic
getaways ( I was not watching the show, having a 5 week old kabob does not
leave much room for thinking of romance, maybe a show on ten ways to get
more sleep). They put in a plug for their questionnaires on their webpage
and they mentioned that they get a lot of feedback from viewers, especially
on their top ten toys list.

It seems they were flooded with emails from Lego fans, irate that Lego was
not listed. The show stated that Lego was #11 (what gives?, obviously not an
engineer in the bunch). They quoted atleast two people, the only one that I
remember was yoda777. Is this someone from here?

All I could think of is the tenacious nature of the LUGNET community and how
we band together when someone is slighted, never mind that they left out our
beloved Lego.

Did anyone else see this? Did anyone send them an email?

I remember reading posts on LUGNET when this show first aired.

Rose