 General / 14231
Re: So what's the verdict on the success of 2000 Lego so far?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:42:31 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3891607B.12B7C847@xoommail.com>...
little flimsy and should been R&D'd a bit more.  I think the Arctic sets • are
REALLY Juniorized overall.  Very few bricks in these sets.  Buy with • extreme

True but that is how it works out in the polar regions. Everything is • prefab in
real life so TLG's sets are accually remarkably prototipycal.

I've also had another though on this. I've just finished building a bunch of
older space sets (6990, 6894, 6923, 6886, and 6811), and you know, there
aren't that many "bricks" (at least normal rectangular bricks) in these
sets, and several large pieces. I think there is a real difference between
the Arctic sets and Town Jr. (though I will grant that the Arctic sets are
more juniorized than the space sets, but it's not like they're radically
different). Now I've also built a classic space 6927, and there there is a
real difference, most of that set is rectangular bricks, plates, and slopes.

Frank