 General / 14155
Re: So what's the verdict on the success of 2000 Lego so far?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 06:46:48 GMT

Out here in CA the TRU's seem to fairly well stocked although I've yet to
chance upon a Slave-1.  The B-Wing has good parts but I think the model is a
little flimsy and should been R&D'd a bit more.  I think the Arctic sets are
REALLY Juniorized overall.  Very few bricks in these sets.  Buy with extreme
caution.  The Castle sets look interesting, although I'm not that jazzed
about them.  It's great to see the visored helm come back as well as the
maiden's hat in a new color.  The best thing about the Castle sets is the
plethore of extreme slope corner bricks in blue.  I will definitely be
buying King Leo's set at some point.  Rock Raiders bite the big granite
slab.  They're nothing but Town Jr. hell!

Dave

Paul Davidson <tinman@direct.ca> wrote in message
I'm just curious to hear which sets and themes are doing well, and which
ones aren't.

Where I am, Arctic has just *flown* off the shelves.  None of the bigger
stores have any left.  Star Wars is doing quite well for the most part --
Slave I's, A-Wings, and B-Wings disappear quickly, but none of the Gungan
kaadu sets are selling.  Castle is selling fairly well too; better than • Rock
Raiders did, at any rate.

--

Paul Davidson