 General / 12354
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:47:34 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jonathan Little writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Mike Petrucelli writes:

I'm here in Philadelphia, PA and I went searching today with the recent
sightings in Michigan. However, there aren't any out yet. The TRU's here • also
have empty shelves but they gave me the same excuse they've been giving me • for
weeks, i.e. "Uh, we don't know anything . . ." with the tone that says that
they might be able to tell me something but they don't feel like it.
   So . . . what I want to know is this: Has anyone seen any 2000 sets
anywhere other than a Meijer's (which we don't even have out here)or in a
state other than Michigan (or any other country, at that)? Just curious . . • ..

Thanks,
-Jonathan

I'm up in Allentown, and I too searched a number of stores today, including
Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Bradlee's, Ames, Kohl's, Toys 'R' Us, KB Toyworks, and • Zany
Brainy.  I found no 2000 sets at all.  I did get word from the LEGO rep at
TRU that they should be in by the end of the week, and she also said that • they
shouldn't be available anywhere before that.  I of course pointed out that
they are available in a number of places in the midwest and she had little
to say about that.

Rob

I am right in between you two, near Montgomeryville.  I checked 2 wal-marts, • 2
k-marts, 2 ames, 1 TRU, and 1 Target.  Nothing yet.  I am going to check my
local Kohl's (And hope they are not overmarked) today.

-Lord Insanity

"A little nonsense now and then relished by the wisest men."

Success!! I don't know how close the two of you (Mike and Rob) are to Philly
but I managed to find some sets at my local Walmart. They had a decent
selection of SW, but not much of anything else:

-Technic Battle Droid and Pit Droid
-B-Wing, Slave I, Flash Speeder
-only one castle set, but the number escapes me. It was a very small one
(about $5 or so)
-a special artic set -- it was two sets with some sort of plastic baseplate,
all wrapped together.

Those were the only ones I found, but everything was in disarray. I tried
hunting, but I was kind of pressed for time.

Just thought that I'd let a couple of Pennsylvania guys (and anybody else
that chooses to read this) that 2000 sets should be on their way!
-Jonathan

Went to my local Wal-mart.  Got A-wing, B-wing, Gungan Patrol, Flash Speeder,
Dessert Skiff, 1 Rock Raider fig pack, and the Artic Combo Set.  They also had
slave 1, technic battle droid, pit droid, arctic wind surfer, and all the 20$
and under castle sets.