 General / 12152
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:59:10 GMT

Wow, 2000 sets at 25% discount, already!!  Gaw'd I love Michigan!
I'll have to check the Meijer's 2 miles from my house in St. Clair Shores.....

Gary Istok

Mark Koesel wrote:

I don't think that the Destroyer Droid is scheduled to ship until February
(so it may show up in January, but probably not December).

BTW, for anyone finding the sets out of stock at Meijer, you can get
rainchecks at the sale price.  I did this for the A-Wing and B-Wing,
which I could not find after checking 3 different Meijer stores. (!)

And the sale is still something of a mystery.  No one seems to know
why the sets are on sale.  Not only that, but three of the six sets that
I purchased rung up as "Lego DUPLO".  Supposedly all Star Wars merchandise
is supposed to be on sale at Meijer _except_ Lego.  None of the sales
clerks or managers had any explanation for any of this.

"jamie hickey" <jamie1123@webtv.net> wrote in message

I just stopped at the Meijers in East Lansing, MI, on E. Grand River, and
picked up the A-Wing, Flash Speeder, and the Technic Battle Droid! The • only
thing I need now is the Technic Destroyer Droid and I am all set. I'll let • you
know when I find it.