 General / 12146
Re: 2000 Star Wars sets are out in US
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 15:53:42 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

jamie hickey wrote:

I just stopped at the Meijers in East Lansing, MI, on E. Grand River, and
picked up the A-Wing, Flash Speeder, and the Technic Battle Droid! The only
thing I need now is the Technic Destroyer Droid and I am all set. I'll let • you
know when I find it.

I *knew* there was a hidden cost to leaving Michigan State for the East
Coast...sigh.  Why did it have to be this, O cruel, capricious fate?  Why?
WHY!?!?  *whimper*

-Lindsay (a transplanted Spartan and Michigander all in one)

---

Lindsay Frederick Braun (Mr)
Department of History

Wow, you work like 10 minutes from my home in Hamilton!  I have seen sets
arrive almost 2 weeks after everyone else has them from the Michigan Meijers
stores.  We will just have to sit and wait.  What local stores have you found
that seem to get the new sets the quickest.  I have seen Oxford Valley Zainy
Brainy and the Hamilton Ames get sets almost a week before anyone else, if
they put them out.  I got the first wave of SW sets at the Lawrenceville
Walmart.  They were all up on the top shelf where no one could see them.  That
was about a week after everyone over in Michigan was reporting they got their
sets.  Don't know if you checked into it or are interested(I was), but 6195 is
on sale at the Lawrenceville ZB for only $44 this week.  Last week was the
Technic Shuttle for 1/2 price.

Jason Fabisch
Mechanical Engineer