 General / 11939
  Re: What the F.......

Okay. So who on rtl posts from mediaOne? It should not be too hard to find the terminal source of the fake message, etc. I've matched up a flamer that way in the past, making use of AltaVista. I'm not sure you can still do it there, but somene who (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jun-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) Well, I will. I want to have this on record in case the message on Usenet gets cancelled somehow. This is serious. Here are the headers: ------begin------ Path: reader2.news.rcn.net...ed.berkele y.edu!netnews.com!ch...ne.net!24. (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) The woman who does quality assurance for my company has a cable modem with a Media One account. She lives in Cambridge or Somerville, I think. - chris (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) // snip Kevin was refering to the headers of Brad's original message and not the forgery, I believe. Not that it matters, really ... it's clear that the "retraction" was a forgery, and I hope that the loser who posted the forged post loses his (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

Umm, Todd you posted the header for the "imposter" post, not the original post that I said I wouldn't post the headers for. Obviously Brad is real and I was just trying to support that. Brad, as you know we are an Internet savvy bunch and we had (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) Yup, OK, sorry. I jumped into the middle of the thread--pointed here on alert by someone who noticed the mess... --Todd (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

All MediaOne posters take one step forward! -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) M. Dye" <robdye@writeme.com> wrote in message news:FMM3MA.Mow@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) it (...) match (...) original (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) Well, I have a MediaOne account. I took the opportunity once MediaOne offered their cable modems in our area (which was around October 1998, IIRC). I've posted only rare requests to RTL for sets, and some things here and there in LUGNET. I try (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) Yes, the impersonator has been identified by posting IP address. God bless cable modems and their static IP addresses. I haven't written to abuse@mediaone.net yet because I am wondering how much we as the community should do, and how much Brad (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What the F.......

(...) From MediaOne's "Terms and Conditions": (I am only posting the relevant portion; I don't think Todd would want me to post the entire document...) 10.3 You agree to abide by the policies of the Road Runner Service as they are electronically (...) (25 years ago, 13-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)