 General / 11478
Re: Aaaaggghhh! My dog has a taste for ABS!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:28:50 GMT

Robert M. Dye wrote:
More seriously, has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on how to
persuade her that ABS tastes REAL bad?

One possible thing. Get a bottle of Chinese hot pepper oil. Rub it on
some bricks you don't care about, and leave those around.

At one time, I kept my birdseed in a large Rubbermaid bin on the deck.
The local squirrel decided to try and get at lunch, and was chewing into
the bin. I realized the error of my ways and moved the birdseed inside
and washed the bin. The squirrel kept chewing. Then I got the idea of
trying the oil. Rubbed the bin cover down well. After a few days, the
bin stopped being chewed and I bought a new one. The squirrel did chew
into it a little bit then gave up.

I have no idea how effective the oil was, but it seems like it might
have done something.

Caveat: One of my friends told me an amusing story. They were sitting in
the living room, and had let the rabit out to roam while watching TV.
They heard a "crash" from the kitchen, went in and found a slightly
chewed on chilli pepper, and the rabit nearby. They returned to the
living room deciding that the rabit had learned its lesson. A little
while later they heard "munch munch munch..." coming from the kitchen.
Ok, what did the rabit get into now? What do you know, the rabit had
acquired a taste for chilli peppers...

followups to lugnet.off-topic.fun

--
Frank Filz