 General / 11479
Re: about 2000 catalogs in sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:40:48 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:

I believe that at least in the first instaces that the 2000 in set
catalog showing up was either an accident or a mistake or a leak by a
TLG employee

Actually it's the result of the fact that it is impossible to predict
when a set packaged at the factory will hit the shelves, combined with
the fact that the catalogs have to appear in abundance on the shelves
about the time (or a little before) the new products will hit the
shelves, combined with cost management. The cost management point is
that when you reach the end of the year, it isn't worth spending the
money on another print run of a catalog which will soon be obsolete.

The result is that the catalogs will usually show up a little earlier
than optimal, because this is better than showing up later than optimal.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com