 General / 11321
Re: Dream Themes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 12:50:41 GMT

Jonathan Wilson wrote:
[Jonas Marcho wrote:]
James Bond - a Bond sub-theme would be...too cool. I've made several James
Bond minifigs, such as 007 himself, Blofeld, Q, and my personal favorite Bond
villain, Max Zorin. There could be Q-Branch vehicles with gadgets and stuff,
and finnally, a modern-looking gun!

International terrorists? TLG would not make that in a million years.

Not to mention the pressing need for large quantities of scantily-clad
female minifigs... Nope.  They can't touch this one.

Space Pirates - merge two themes into one and you get one awesome theme! Space
Pirates was an idea I came up with back in my Lego War days, basing it off of
the old Turbo Graphics game, Cosmic Fantasy. Even Redbeard could come
back...in Space Pirate garb, with the rare trans-neon lime hook!

Sounds Cool.

Two things come to mind immediately here -- the "Matthew Looney" books
by Gahan Wilson, and those stories that Daniel Pinkwater reads on
National Public Radio on weekends.  Both Wilson's and Pinkwater's takes
on space pirates are silly and satirical... which means that you would
be likely to see a little Time Cruisers in the Space Pirates theme...
danger, Will Robinson!

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology