 General / 11346
Re: Dream Themes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 00:21:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonas Marcho writes:
Ever since I started building with Legos back in 1984, • I have dreamed of
possible Themes based off of reality, television, video • games, and movies. I
want to know if you have had the same ideas, and if so, • write them down and
tell me about them. I have my own 'Dream Themes', too.

~hi jonas...
sometimes i wish i could turn it off, so many ideas like
this fly through my head!

Roman - I always wanted to see some nice big • Roman-themed sets. Besides custom
helmets, shields, torsos, and more, we could see Lego • renditions of Roman Gods
such as Zeus, Hermes, Hades, and Apollo. How about • that? If not that, how
about an Adventurers sub-theme in which they explore • Ancient Greece?

me too!
Future - a Town-based theme which shows off a 'future' • world. Robot aids,
flying cars, and total Jetson-esque fashion. It would • seem like a good idea,
and then in the future, we can look back on the Theme • and laugh about it. I
could even see sub themes for futuristic Fire Fighters, • Police, and Rescue.

matt groening's "futurama" springs to mind.

James Bond - a Bond sub-theme would be...too cool. I've • made several James
Bond minifigs, such as 007 himself, Blofeld, Q, and my • personal favorite Bond
villain, Max Zorin. There could be Q-Branch vehicles • with gadgets and stuff,
and finnally, a modern-looking gun!

other people have posted that this seems an unlikely
theme for tlg to persue, but i can easily see it
happening one day.  (btw, you can get a decent looking
modern gun by cutting off the armrest and shortening the
barrel of an adv. rifle.)

Space Pirates - merge two themes into one and you get • one awesome theme! Space
Pirates was an idea I came up with back in my Lego War • days, basing it off of
the old Turbo Graphics game, Cosmic Fantasy. Even • Redbeard could come
back...in Space Pirate garb, with the rare trans-neon • lime hook!

well, this is something you could make happen with
extant pieces, no?  in my mind, they've done a "space
pirates" theme already, simply by producing space and
pirate themes already. i built a space pirate ship once
on the hull pieces of red beard runner...never made
photos, but it's an idea i'll return to one day...

Space Knights - the same thing as above. I'm talking • laser swords,
chainswords, and more. A robotic dragon, a space-age • magician, and a castle
with lasers and satellite dishes, and more! The best • part would be the cool-
ass minifigs and possible expansions...

like you said, same as above...;-)

Superheroes - I have always thought that a Lego Batman • or Superman would be
cool. You could have a Batmobile, and minifigs for • villains such as the Joker,
the Riddler, Two-Face, Catwoman, Brainiac, and (Gasp) • The Cyborg! (dum, dum,
dum!). It would be really cool, but I'd only want to • see DC comics, ya know?

<griiiin> yea, i know. go here:

http://community-1.webtv.net/anonymouseye/supercraigoleg
o/

i'll get around to doing the villains (sigh) one day...
i'm in the planning stages of building sets and vehicles
for all this (sigh) one day...

Zombies - I would love to see Lego Zombies. Yes, • Zombies. Besides the undead,
we could have a few army men (PLEASE), some zombie • hunters, maybe even a demon
or two. Why not? I would love to have Legoville overrun • with the forces of
darkness!

gulp! it has been! :

http://community-1.webtv.net/craigo-lego/transylegovania
/

well, at least in my world. i think fright knights is as dark as tlg is willing
to get.

  my dream theme is a good african safari, that could even be done as part of
adventurers. apparently bigger game won out, with therelease of dino-sland next
year.

i guess i'm one of those folks who wants tlg to make more animals, because i'd
also like to see a farm theme.

later ~ craig