 General / 11016
  Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

As my journey from the Dark Ages continues, I have noticed some variations in the basic brick... o Old CA bricks have the plastic 'tear off' (aka the umbilical) on one of the short ends of the brick. Newer bricks (ABS) have the 'tear off' on one of (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

ABS bricks from the early seventies also have the tear-offs on the ends. KL (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

(...) Interesting question: Has anyone noticed that some bricks now have their stud-top LEGO logos at odd varying angles? I've received several that have been at strange variance to perpendicular and to one another. LFB (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

Mr L F Braun wrote... (...) have (...) Yeah, all my 1x1 round plates have the LEGO logo in all sorts of weird angles... *trying to get more serious* Looking at the Naboo Starfighter SW set I notice that the sloped bricks have their LEGO logo printed (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick variations (was Re: Part variation noted)

(...) <SNIP> Yes they do. It gets very annoying when building with old 1970's bricks. I know, because I have over 100,000 bricks from before 1980. When I built my new red LEGO Cathedral, I took pains (and pain is the correct word here) to make sure (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)