 General / 10917
  Re: WooHoo!!

(...) Well, if he was in the Target, why didn't he buy it there??? Why give TRU the biz anyway? Even discounted they're still making money and I think most people know my opinion of TRU in general. But if you really want to force TRU to match (and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WooHoo!!

(...) *grumble grumble* My Target had 8 4561's in stock when I was there. I could, unfortunately, afford to buy only one of them. Curses to debt! Adrian -- (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WooHoo!!

(...) Because he had $100 in TRU Visa credit to use. TRU doesn't tend to have much that I want so that was a good chance to use the credit. Oh well, TRU will likely put the 4561s on sale too. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WooHoo!!

The 4559's have been marked down to $100 a couple of weeks before Christmas each of the last two years at TRU (not a clearance, just a sale), so there is at least historical precedent for Steve's hopefulness ;) Alan (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WooHoo!!

(...) Possible, but having observed some of the old stock I have seen at TRUs, I would not bet on it. TRU seems to have a curious attitude towards clearancing Lego sets. When the corporate machine says 'go ye therefor and clearance', then all the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: WooHoo!!

(...) Target is sold out, but just out of morbid curiosity . . . how much was 4561 on sale for? I've really wanted one of the train sets, but I can't afford $130 at this point in time. The way everyone is talking, it sounds like they were pretty (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Source for 4561's CHEAP

(...) Forget about Target, get it cheaper on the web! Go to: (URL) down the coupon code for 10% or 15% off at KB-Kids, depending upon what they have that day. Go to (URL) search for lego train. (They really need to make the set numbers searchable, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Source for 4561's CHEAP

(...) Even better, go to Toysmart.com, which now carries lego, and take advantage of their 20% sale, coupons, and free shipping for $25+ orders. They have the 4561 Railway Express on sale for $103.98, and if you use the 30% off coupon at (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)