 General / 10762
Re: LEGO in Toy Story 2?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:59:06 GMT

Eric Harshbarger <eric@ericharshbarger.org> writes:
However, unless my eyes were mistaken, when the house was toppled, the
bottom of the bricks did NOT have the trademark LEGO-tubes...

Am I wrong or are we seeing a MEGA-BLOCKS rendering (the horror!)...
surely if they were meant to be LEGO bricks the meticulous animators
would have gotten them perfect, top and bottom.

AFAIK, the only LEGO-like bricks without tubes were the very first LEGO
bricks and transparent LEGO bricks...  I know for sure that Megabloks has
tubes, even inside there transparent parts.  Maybe the animators
"invented" a new brand to avoid copyright issues (although they do have
Mr. Potatohead and I think, an Etch-A-Sketch...)
--Bram