 General / 10612
Re: Sig
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Thompson writes:
Todd Lehman wrote in message <36527a51.27590202@lugnet.com>...
It's something that's definitely more -possible- in that scenario...  But
not being a big fan of sigs (because of bandwidth and indexing), I can't
say I'm exactly chomping at the bit to write that particular hunk of
code...

Speaking of indexing --

If I listed set 6077 as your favorite castle set in my lego code sig, then
it's going to make it a lot harder to search for posts that specifically
reference that set.

I was thinking of dusting off my lego code, but this gives me pause.

One thing, though:  As long as you use the standard sig format, it's "safe"
to put that in -- sigs gets stripped by the indexer, so it wouldn't actually
mess up article indexing on the server...

--Todd