 General / 10527
Re: Followups (Was: Re: The question in mind was...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 01:56:22 GMT

How does one do this in when using Netscape Communicator as their news reader?

Richard Franks wrote:

Followups are your friend! Followups are best used to redirect a thread that
doesn't really belong in a particular newsgroup, to another newsgroup. Eg:
http://www.lugnet.com/announce/?n=376

Which is the Lugnet Membership announcements - it was sent to three newsgroups
so that it had a wide audience, but followups were set to "lugnet.people" as
that was the most appropriate place to discuss them.

So, no matter which newsgroup you are in when you read that announcement, if
you reply to it then it "lugnet.people" will be put in the "Newsgroups" field
instead of the group that you started in.

Richard

In lugnet.general, Shiri Dori writes:
Yes!
I remember!
It came by insight...
I wanted to ask, what are "Followup-To"'s, 'cause I have absolutely no idea
what they do...
OK. It's not *that* important. But I thought it was...

--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com