 General / 10446
Re: Grey brick packs (was Re: More 2000 TRU Prices)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:03:06 GMT

This is probably in the wrong group, but I was wondering, what is a '5145' ?
I take it it is a group of gray pieces. how many? and what kind? And most
importantly, how much do you pay?

--Geoff

--

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.market.shopping, John Neal writes:
To be on the safe side, I'm ordering a shwack of 5145's before year • end.
I also just ordered a lot of 5145s (I assume that's what shwack means;) • among
a lot of other packs.  May as well get a Mickey D set in the process...

Yup.  A schwack is a variable amount, that usually falls between "some" • and "a
Jesus-load & a half"(1) In this case, it's 20.  :)

I'm doing an informal poll, to satisfy my curiosity.

When you (if you) order 5145 Grey Bricks, how many do you usually order?

(my answer) Usually 10 or 20.  I have ordered other amounts, but never • less
than 10, and not more than 30 (at a single time).

How often do you get comments from the S@H rep about the quantity you're
ordering?

(my answer) About every second or third time, the rep says something like • "you
must be building something big!"  or "30?  Why would you need that many?"

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:Spider Robinson reference.

<cross-posted to .castle & .sw to pull in folks who I *know* have ordered
schwacks of 5145s>