 General / *3025 (-10)
  Re: Fence colours

(...) Well, they put 'Samsonite' on each stud. But they had to compress it so much, it came out looking exactly like 'Lego'. Steve (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Samsonite (USA) vs. TLG (Europe)

(...) Simon, Here are 2 examples of what was available in the USA (Samsonite) in 1961 (first year LEGO available there), and what was available in the UK in 1961. (The USA brochure is from Bill Katz/Joe Lauher, the UK brochure is from Ray Gal.) (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

Wow! Thanks, Gary (and Steve for your other reply). That was an impressive explanation - answered several questions. And I know have another word in my vocabulary (gable) :) I haven't heard the term 'dormer' before so I assume that's a US one. I'll (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Forthcoming Robotics on Video

Follow this link (URL) see a ZDTV RealVideo segment on forthcoming robotics products: 1. 'Robotics Discovery Set' (sic?) - pre-Christmas '99 release; price $US 150; direct programming of computer = no connection with a PC (MindStorms simplified - (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Clock which counts the time using LEGO Technic parts

(...) This thing is driven and timed by an external process, as far as I can see. So the LEGO constructions only counts the time, based on the external input. The external input here means balls which are blown up in the tube every minute. BTW, I (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Page Updated

Hi Chris: The thermos piece the guy is holding is actually a baby bottle from the Belleville line (I think). It is all one piece. In addition to blue, I think I have seen them in white and pink. Joe (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Page Updated

Author! Author! Hey the top of your thermos...what piece is that? Chris (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Page Updated

Michael Hopkins wrote in message ... (...) If you guys like a page, can you please leave the URL in the reply so people who don't have time to go to every page posted can still go (without having to re-download 6000 messages)? Thanks, Jesse (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fence colours

(...) "....let's create a Time-Cruisers theme and lump in all the odd pieces we have laying around!" (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Joe's LEGO Page Updated

(...) Joe, Your pictures are simply amazing. I really like the B-29 and your city pictures. Your buildings look like they have a lot of detail that is difficult to see given the small images sizes. I hope you find the space to put up more detailed (...) (26 years ago, 2-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact