 General / *2170 (-20)
  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Well, I guess it's a matter of degree. They keep making Town Jr and they alienate what, a thousand or so known AFOLs? They don't support IE for the Mac and they alienate a fairly small percentage of an already tiny percentage of computers (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Grammar alert (was Re: Lego CNN article - 1000 loose job? Whats UP?)

(...) What would 1,000 loose jobs be, anyway. Maybe a thousand positions that you'd really like to fill but can't? Maybe a thousand employees who run rampant in the street because you left the office door open? (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

What a disappointment! I go to this page, and I get the message "We do not support Internet Explorer for Mac." Lego, please continue to shoot yourself in the foot. -Michael ---...--- (...) (26 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

(...) Well, according to the next thread, that's from where they are now, to where they were in 97. So that should deinitely be doable - of course, up usually takes longer than down :) Jasper (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

(...) Hey, I liked Titania's Palace when I was in Billund 15 years ago.. :) Jasper (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36a8c26e.21838254@l...et.com>... (...) One billion is a thousand million. A million million is one trillion, which you never have unless you're talking about the US Debt. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Grammar alert (was Re: Lego CNN article - 1000 loose job? Whats UP?)

This is the third time in a week I've seen this problem, so I have to bring it up. Loose is not the word you want here. Loose means not tight, or not secured in one place. I lost weight, now my pants are loose. I left my front door open and now my (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO Imagination Center - Orlando

For those who have never had the opportunity to visit a LEGO Imagination Center (LIC), I was in Orlando recently and took a few pictures and posted them on my web site: (URL) - mike_walsh@mentor.com (URL) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego CNN article - 1000 loose job? Whats UP?

(...) Let's hope they listen and start making more construction-oriented sets and less silly 'play-only' ones. (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Yeah, and in the case of the hovercraft thing with Luke and that old dude, you can make a really goofy-looking one that doesn't look like much of anything. :) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

The 'Mech that you can create with the alt-XWing seems pretty interesting. Might have to pick up a couple of these to have several models built at once ... (...) -- Lee Jorgensen, Programmer/Analyst - Bankoe Systems, Inc. (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) It wasn't. The apparent point being that you can use these sets to make non-Star Wars models. (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Steve (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG press release - not a crisis?

(...) 1BN? Is that a million million, or a thousand million? (...) I don't know -- I almost always get charged by CA for parts replacement. Which is OK with me. Free was wonderful, but it is a service worth paying for. Especially when they send the (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Why oh why oh why! (was Re: Advice for trip to Billund?)

(...) If you go to Huw Millington's promotional set database at: (URL) search for set number 1651, you will be able to see a container lorry from the Maersk Line that uses the light blue bricks. This set is from 1980. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego CNN article - 1000 loose job? Whats UP?

(...) I hoped that their 1999 plans would hinge on improving their core product... Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No way for a LEGO newbie to get up to speed? Unfair!

(...) Hmm. too bad. the half-price SAH should have been a clue to me :) Anyway, I bought 2 in the last couple days - 20 16x beams, like 7 or 8 #12 axles,veritable holey-bag-loads of small parts, including a handful of friction pegs, and plenty of (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

[redirecting discussion to lugnet.starwars] (...) I've noticed that the questions change each time you take it (had to take it twice because I tried Netscape and MSIE to see if the java applet worked). (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Story about Lego on NPR's Morning Edition

Today's episode of Morning Edition had a story about Lego laying off folks during the business news part of the show. It should be available via RealAudio at (URL) this afternoon. I didn't hear all of it, but they were mentioning that Lego wanted to (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Has updated its online Catalog!!

(...) Also, There is a really easy quiz that will allow you to see an Episode 1 set, but the Java Applet for the set image is broken! Jeff (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact