 General / *2095 (-5)
  Re: No way for a LEGO newbie to get up to speed? Unfair!

Mark Tarrabain wrote in message <36A4501C.248EF8CE@l....bc.ca>... (...) Little. It's the same process that's happening to the entire line. As I mention in another post, Lego is becoming an action toy that requires assembly, not a building toy that (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No way for a LEGO newbie to get up to speed? Unfair!

(...) I haven't seen the new 1999 Technic sets yet, but I would say that the piece selection in the 1998 sets where very good. Personally, I would find enough pieces to build many interesting things using a few 1998 Technic sets. (...) But there is (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  No way for a LEGO newbie to get up to speed? Unfair!

You know, there doesn't really appear to be much in the way of LEGO for wannabe enthusiasts any more. (By the way, I'm thinking entirely on the Technic line here). It appears to me that every set these days seems to be geared towards developing a (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG is loosing money!

Mark de Kock wrote in message ... (...) not (...) ol'days, (...) They're loosing money? I hope they funnel it into product development. Or maybe give me some... I think the fact that kids the world over are falling prey to the Nintendo syndrome, and (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

  TLG is loosing money!

This morning, I read in the newspaper that TLG Denmark will have to "dumb" 1,000 of its 10,000 workers due to bad commercial results! TLG itself is not in great danger, but it has lost a lot of customers to electronic toys and computergames. IMHO: (...) (26 years ago, 19-Jan-99, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact