 General / *1260 (-10)
  Re: New pics from LEGOLAND

(...) There used to be one of these at Niagara Falls, somewhere, and I rode it when I was about 7 or so. Pretty neat, especially when you get to the middle and the other car passes you. I think there is one in Pittsburgh too. What I like better, (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

Todd Lehman wrote in message <366cc340.28054619@l...et.com>... : :Kevin Loch has graciously agreed to host the JPEG files for the 1999 :catalog. Image links at : : (URL) been updated to point to the new directories on Kevin's server :www.kl.net, so (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Sets...

These new 1999 sets are nice and all, but I am confused. I thought the Star Wars theme would be out in March/April. Now I am hearing July. What am I missing? Also, when does Shop-at-Home usually start carrying new sets? I don't live anywhere near (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scans of 6455 on my Website

Tom McDonald wrote in message ... (...) future to lego newbies: "The set seems to be >complete as I built everything in the instruction book, but I seem to have lots of pieces left over." Oddly enough, I had a lot of pieces left over from the three (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: More 1999 Catalog Thoughts...

(...) It is cool. And I just bought one at the B. Dalton bookstore. They have it for 25% off, $14.95 Which considering the size of the book, is still a little high. Guess what my nephew is getting for his birthday? :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Technic 1999

(...) You think so? That would suck. I got all excited when I saw those fans. That would make a cool piece. A good specialized piece with a lot of interesting applications. I sure hope you're wrong about this. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Contest Ideas?

(...) No way! I was based in Vegas from '83 to '90 and I remember it snowing (lightly) at least once. Unless they mean _downtown_ Vegas. I was at NAFB (outskirts of town) -- Terry K -- From Phoenix, where it also snowed (lightly) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lugnet.off-topic.debate

(...) Well, hrmm. I see what can go on in .debate as being fundamentally different from even the same discussion going on here or in RTL. People who have no interest in controversial subjects need not see them fill up their general discussion group. (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Legoland Carlsbad Job Fair

Heard on KNX Newsradio on 4 December 1998 at about 11:15 in Los Angeles: Legoland Carlsbad is holding a Job Fair 13-14 December. Open positions include Food, Security, and other departments. Builders was *not* one of the positions mentioned. The (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.general)

  Re: Clearer catalog images of new 1999 sets

Alan Liu wrote in message ... (...) in (...) after (...) According to Mariam Webster's Deluxe Dictionary (Tenth Collegiate Edition), with all the appropriate TMs: Wizard: adj. 1. archaic: having magical influence or power 2. archaic: of or relating (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact