 General / 1253
Re: lugnet.off-topic.debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:40:12 GMT

Tom McDonald <rocketman@familySPAMTHIS,PALradio.com> wrote:
Yeah, a bit of a joke. I make my observations with an attempted bit of humor
however small or non-existent. I know you like good heady discussion Mike,
and you're good at it, especially keeping it to the point and bringing it back to
lego when you can. Sometimes though the "discussion" seems to divide us
even when unintentional as "things get said" that don't need to be. It is difficult
to read "The Ghost of Special Boxes Past". Myself, I'm more of a "classic
smiley" in that regard.

Well, hrmm.  I see what can go on in .debate as being fundamentally
different from even the same discussion going on here or in RTL.
People who have no interest in controversial subjects need not see
them fill up their general discussion group.  So even if Larry and
Jesse started calling each other names (wouldn't happen), I wouldn't
mind since it is in a group designed for people to debate, or
disagree.

I'm not trying to debate here, for indeed such an activity itself belongs to
.debate. I'm just commenting on how things sometimes get. Though it is
off-topic, I'd rather it be flames over some lego-related post, such as "Scala
Rules!" than someone's paradigm.

Heh.  I dunno, I think maybe meta discussions like this belong here or
maybe in lugnet.admin.general.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide