 General / *120 (-20)
  Getting rid of the garbage

I was wondering if anyone else is getting about 15 lines of garbage text at the beginning of every message. When I first started accessing Lugnet via Free Agent, I didn't have this problem, but now I do. It may just be a matter of setting the right (...) (26 years ago, 11-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet Suggestion

I was just browsing through the Set Inventories section of Lugnet and came up with a thought. Wouldn't it be nifty if after you jumped into a particular set, printed all of the pieces necessary to build the set/what it has in it and THEN have a link (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

Have had some troubles with getting the receiver to hone in on the exact frequency (for now its 90.0 Mhz). If the receiver is in a different room, the FM transmitter has difficulties transmitting through walls etc. It needs more juice (only runs on (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Newsgroup proposal

(...) ie. what I was thinking: lugnet.space lugnet.town lugnet.castle ... (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Newsgroup proposal

Todd, I forgot if we discussed this in Beta, but were their pro's and con's to having news groups based upon themes? Similar to lugnet.trains? I'm a castle & pirate fan & wouldn't mind discussing castle & pirate related topics with others of similar (...) (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) I've never argued with that statement before. :) You're welcome. :) (...) Well, although I used to sing the praises of trn, I'm starting to like slrn even more. Certainly easier for multiple news servers. (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) Oh, you are a genius, that is exactly it! Thanks alot. Paul, who really needs to get linux installed so he can use tin or rn. (26 years ago, 10-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) I'm just testing posting with Netscape 3.04 here. I can't stand this interface, though. Yuck. (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) Well, if I'm understanding you correctly I think I managed to do this just now. I am using Netscape 3.04 for 95. I tell it to show all groups. Then I put checkmarks in the Check column (the one to the left of Unread) for the ones I want to (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) that (...) Thats my problem, I only have Navigator 3.0, so I am just using the news section, no communicator. I can get all the groups to show, I just need to figure out how to mark only the ones I want to read as subscribed and then I can (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

(...) transposition of characters That aside, pretty cool. What's typical indoor range? Outdoor? How long is the antenna and what kind is it? (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: a little help with netscape

  Mindstorms and FM Micro Transmitter

(apologies if this appears 2x's) I have uploaded info/specs on the FM micro transmitter that I built for use with my next Mindstorms project. Website:  (URL) to the Lego -> Electrics section ======== Posted via the LUGNET discussion group web (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: To Todd: Image updates

I think he wants service packs, as some are starting to show up in the Lugnet database. I HOPE that we can get Todd scans of all the service packs. Nothing more irritating than having the ONE catalog handy that doesn't have the service pack you want (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

Mike, There's an easier way, that lets you have multiple servers. Top menu, chooser Communicator | Message Center - then right-click on your current News server, and choose "Subscribe to Discussion Groups". In the popup window, bottom right, is an (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: To Todd: Image updates

Do you also want images of: - Service pack items not listed in the site (i.e the item number may or may not exist on the PAUSE reference) - Duplo sets? - Fabuland sets? Let me know so that I may scan my catalogs and send them to you. - Irving Todd (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "LEGO" found at garage sale

(...) here's my hint: get your relatives to look too! this last weekend i got a message on my machine from my parents. it said, "we saw this lego set at a yard sale today; it was only a dollar so we bought it for you. hope you're interested." the (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 6675 Road'n'Trail 4x4

(...) I've got instructions and a scanner but they're currently 120 miles apart from each other. I'll be able to scan them this weekend after I pick up all my instructions from home (I'm away at school). If you still need them in 4 days, you can (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

  New Pics of my Town/Train layout and my 2nd Castle are up.

New pics can be viewed at: (URL) a little large (around 100K or more) but they'll have to do for now. The Town/Train layout is primarily comprised of built sets (none of my own creations). I am aspiring to build some of my own Train cars/engines (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: a little help with netscape

(...) Communicator, but I'll do it anyway. Assuming you mean Netscape communicator and you want to actually use the news portion of Communicator without dealing with the web interface, you need to configure Communicator to use lugnet.com as your (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact