 Gaming / Starship / 840
Re: 2005 Starship Election/Discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:41:57 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:

Hendo covers derrières

It is nice to have such a job of distinction.  :)

In this way we can still keep our place marker sectors, even if they are not
active.  Vessels may come and go through these sectors subject to the published
guidelines from the SM, but without any need for interaction.

<snip worth reading; if you haven't go back and see>

I feel this is a fine idea.  I cannot think of a down-side to it, although I
always encourage everyone here to post any so we can work out as many problems
as possible before introducing a new rule to live play.

Certainly my own home sector (Val-Central) could fall under this catagory once I
get more involved again.  As it was, my Grave Belt had a rather 62/Spraw style
adventure going on, but when I tried to branch out and allow in-depth role-play
in Val-Central, it got overwhelming.  When I return to more regular contact, I
will surely be interested in setting up a web-page or two outlining the 'rules'
of Val-Central as this new sector type (if we all conclude this idea should be
allowed).  And with the Grave Belt adventure unresolved, I would likely offer
that up again as such.

In short, I support Richard's new idea.

-Hendo