 Gaming / Starship / 832
831  |  833
Subject:
2005 Starship Election/Discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:25:46 GMT

Galactic Greetings!

It’s been a slow year for Starship, with several of the original players having a hiatus or two. Real-life issues both good and not so good have been a distraction for many of us, and for others technical issues have caused delays. Still, we’d all love to keep this game of bricks and roleplaying going. There are still a lot of active ships and adventures to be had. Not to mention more building.

As is tradition, it is the time of the year for us to regroup and discuss what might need improving, and of course everyone’s favorite, the election of the coming year’s Galactic Mediator (GM).

I for one continue to have less time online than I feel needed to fulfill my role as GM. But I continue to hold out hope that this will change given time and if the players can withstand my being an absentee GM, I am willing to consider another term. Still, if another among us feels ready for the task, I encourage that he step forward here and make his interest in taking the reigns known. From there, it will be for all Starship participants to vote here in this thread and decide who shall guide the galaxy during 2005.

The tradition is to stage elections this last week of December, ending at midnight GMT Dec 31st. But I am willing to extend that a few days or a week to ensure anyone on holiday break has a chance to read this thread.

As always, your thoughts are encouraged!

Salutations!
•Galactic Mediator Hendo