 Gaming / Starship / 838
Re: 2005 Starship Election/Discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 00:46:11 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:
   In lugnet.gaming.starship, Dan Mattia wrote:
   Hendo ‘05.

-Dan

-SNIP-

Awesome, awesome cadence Richard. Very funny, as well

So I propose that we add another type of sector in addition to the types of sectors currently contemplated in the rules.

We currently have:
  • Adventure (Spraw and Sector 62 types of multi player, metered pbe mission oriented games)

  • Various (a wider and less structured approach to mission oriented game play)

  • Trade and Social (IC chatting and ship movements)

  • Closed (Dormant)
I suggest we add a new type, being:
  • Open (Historical and background material provided, ships welcome to enter and leave subject to rules provided, but no gameplay)

This is something I definitely agree with you on. While not something I want to do (yet, anyway), it no-doubt provides ease for some SMs. And the sector can always change its type at any time, so it leaves many doors open and only closes one or two.

   Richard
Still baldly going...

Very good post, here.

-Dan