 Gaming / Starship / 841
840  |  842
Subject:
Galactic Summit comes to a close
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:41:47 GMT

--CRUAN'ATAN NEWS BRIEF--

For months now, Cruan'atan and foreign diplomats have been working together
during the Galactic Summit to decide the use of un-manned space probes for
interstellar exploration throughout the galaxy.
With representatives from numerous sectors and races, the Galactic Summit,
despite recent socio/political unrest on Cruan'atan, has been peaceful and
harmonious in its unfolding.

"We have done a lot of work here during the summit, and we have been here
enjoying the hospitatlity of our gracious guests, the Cratha." The
representative from Val Central's government said. "But, in the end, we few
cannot decide the fate of interstellar probes for the entire galaxy. Yes, the
majority of sectors that we have contact with right now are against it. However,
there are too many races and too many unknown sectors to ultimately prevent the
complete use of interstellar unmanned probes. It may have to be a sector by
sector decision. Although, in the heart of every space explorer is the desire to
see first hand the worlds we find. The distance between us and our explorations
that we get from probes leaves the heart of any explorer cold and empty."

"We have set aside probes. With the help of Human contractors from various Human
sectors, the Cratha are even now developing and building scientific craft of
exploration that will soon set out into the galaxy to accomplish the goals of
the Imperium." Empress Kazzarina was quoted as saying. "We have only been slowed
in doing so from recent internal instability, and from external instability as
our contact with several other known sectors in the explored galaxy has been
tenuous. Now, however, we are once again entering a time of peace and outward
mobility from not only our own concerns, but from other sectors. We may soon see
a Cratha ship of exploration. This would usurp the need for interstellar
probes."

The diplomat from the Star Republic was not available for comment, as he was
forced to return to his world when civil war broke out between the Feeraas and
the other member races of the Star Republic.

A diplomat from New Pacific had this to say, "We will not find peace through the
cold metaphysical distance of robotic exploration of this galaxy. We can only
bring together in peace the various races and governments of this galaxy if we
are there every step of the way first hand to say, welcome to our community.
Until then, this galaxy will remain largely unexplored and empty, it will remain
tossed by violence and decay."

It is not known how much longer the summit will continue, although it does seem
to be winding down as of late. Until then, on behalf of all Cratha, our foreign
guests are welcome to their home away from home here on Cruan'atan.

--END TRANSMISSION--