 Gaming / Starship / 552
News Talk: Fleet Denies Hostile Intentions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:23:24 GMT

In a press conference earlier today, Alliance Fleet Admiral Thergin denied all charges of hostile intentions against the planet Darpenime. Instead, he claims it was an innocent Jump gone wrong, as such things sometimes do.

“The ship in question has already been contacted by Fleet Command, and we have determined that the incident was purely an accident. There was no intention of causing damage or distress to the citizens of Darpenime. We understand that there was a significant amount of damage to the surface of the planet, and we have offered aid to the sector, should they require assistance.”

A top science advisor says, “These things are bound to happen. If you take a look at the flight records, the ship was bound for a nearby uninhabited sector. A natural rip in JumpSpace caused them to fall into normal space inside Val Central.”

The Fleet maintains that Jump Drives are still the safest way to travel, despite occasional accidents.