 Gaming / Starship / 551
550  |  552
Subject:
Statement from the NR Prime Minister Regarding Val_Central and the NR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:41:16 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote: -snipped pics-
   Review>

Jump Goes Awry Danger near Darpenime

BILLUNDIA, VALYANCE. Reports are just coming in of a JumpShip suddenly appearing in orbit of the Valyancian planet Darpenime. It is not known what affects might have been suffered by this occurance. According to Darknian scientific advisors, “An event of JumpSpace being opened to normal space can have tremendous impact on the surrounding matter and energy. It could cause a shockwave more powerful than several nuclear weapons. Or it might release particle waves that could distrupt navigational instruments.”

When asked about a possible vessel jumping into Val Central, officials commented that no treaties exist on the matter. Billundian Chief Commander Stephen Graynolt added, “JumpShips should certainly be discouraged from direct Jumps into our space. It is unsafe for all involved.” Graynolt denied the suggestion from a Formian official that a JumpShip might be used as a type of weapon against Formian interests on Darpenime.

Darpenime is home to nearly four million people in several different colonies run by different local governments, including Formia and Lortar. No communications have been received from the colonies since the event that caused sensors throughout the sector to register an energy disturbance.

//SARACEN STATION, MARMA SECTOR
//NEW REPUBLIC
//OFFICE OF THE PRIME MINISTER
STATEMENT FROM THE PRIME MINISTER

“The New Republic denies any claims stating that the NR may be declaring an act of war on Val Central or any Valyance sectors. While it is true that the USS Hell’s Fury was once part of our predecessor, the USC, we are not supporting that vessel nor do we agree with its actions.

“The NR is too busy with the war with the Try’nexu. It seems that in our first war with the Try’nexu, we did not completely destroy them. They have attacked with millions of numbers. We request any help in defending our only sector in the Shared Galaxy, Arbor Sector, from invasion or attack by these aliens.

“Arbor Sector is our only sector in this galaxy. All other sectors are in another, nearby galaxy.

“Yesterday, Arbor 9 was attacked by the Try’nexu. Thanks to the ULF, Ixians, and the KO AI Fleets, we were able to defend our capital planet, however we have suffered massive losses. All vessels in Arbor are to know that Arbor has been deemed ‘extremely dangerous’ by NR Intel.

“Also, we would like to mention that the quarantine of Arbor Sector is now lifted.

“Thank you and good life to all.”

\.End Transmission, Saracen Station
..//AUTHCODE: RNK((PM01))