 Gaming / Starship / 515
  Re: Jeff Shaw: Proposal of Inter-Starship News Service

(...) Emailed to me by Jeff Shaw Please post my response to .starship....Thanks. 1: I have banner free web space available. I could also set up a bulletin board for it. I personally can't do news reporting, but will welcome others to do the work and (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: Proposal of Inter-Starship News Service

(...) I have my own domain as well, with enough space (more than enough, actually). The only thing I can't do is make a forum, as the free one I use (PHP, but you need MYSQL) uses MYSQL, but I only have 1 allowed database, which is in use. If you (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: Proposal of Inter-Starship News Service

(...) I like the general idea here, and I think something that just allows simple message posts is fine. A few ideas to add to the list: 1. Perhaps posting should require a password so that only official reporters (i.e. SMs) can post news messages (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: Proposal of Inter-Starship News Service

In lugnet.gaming.starship, folks wrote in favour of newsie stuff. Not sure I follow gang. How is this different from what we can already post here or on the old board, or on the various boards associated with the various sectors? And posting our own (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)

  Re: Proposal of Inter-Starship News Service

(...) Well, it would be our own seperate page or few where the graphics can change and it's less LUGNETy. Yes, I have delayed quite a while in the past, but so haven't we all. Life is unpredicatble. Eventually, the news site would become automatic (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.gaming.starship, FTX)