 Gaming / Starship / 481
Re: Rules Talk: Ammend GM Duties (was: GM Nominations)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 01:42:32 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
   In short, I like the idea. But I do not think it needs to be part of the rules, nor should it be a requirement of a GM to do it, nor should there be restrictions on how a GM does it (for example, if a GM could possibly appoint a non-participant web-designer as a Galactic Chief, I don’t think anyone would complain about having a non-player around if it meant the Starship site suddenly included an interactive database with bells and whistles).

Ah, I haven’t rambled like that since we developed these rules... :)

-GM Hendo

Yes, I agree completely that these don’t need to be a part of the rules. Mostly I was just thinking out loud. And trying to raise community awareness of the importance of having (at least a small) Cabinet :-)

But seriously, I do encourage a Galactic Cabinet to improve the efficiency of our highly exalted administrators. Not that the efficiency really needs to be improved ;-) but anything that improves the overall quality and “funness” of the game is good news.

Andrew