 Gaming / Starship / 347
Re: Thoughts on a multi-sector organisation for security and development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 19:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:
To: All system governmental organisations
Re: Thoughts on a multi-sector organisation for security and development

The Commonwealth of New Pacific has watched with concern proceedings in Arbor
and Val Central sectors, where large numbers of civilian people are disdvantaged
by political upheaval and machinations.

One wonders whether these disputes and this suffering may not have been
mitigated or even solved, had there been a galactic, mediated forum where issues
might have been addressed.
[snip]

Greetings from the Alliance Fleet

We have heard your message, and many of our commanders look upon this concept
with favor.  A forum like the proposed organization would certainly help to ease
tensions between opposed factions.  The Fleet has encountered an unexpected
period of peace and respite from the Blacktron menace, so we can more fully
support galactic projects such as this one.

In the Fleet's opinion, the best place for the forum's headquarters is Spraw.
The historical significance of this place makes it the most logical choice.  It
is a place which all of the First Factions can relate to, a common ground.  The
Fleet especially reccomends locating the headquarters in the magnificent ruins
still standing on Spraw Prime.  The collossal citadels would serve to remind us
of our past, and help us look forward to the splendor of our future together.

We wish you well, friends.
Duke Highflyer
Alliance Fleet High Command