 Gaming / Starship / 342
Re: Thoughts on a multi-sector organisation for security and development
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:45:03 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Richard Parsons wrote:
   To: All system governmental organisations Re: Thoughts on a multi-sector organisation for security and development

The Commonwealth of New Pacific has watched with concern proceedings in Arbor and Val Central sectors, where large numbers of civilian people are disdvantaged by political upheaval and machinations.

NR High Command has now offically declared all USC land to the NR, and has officially announced that a civil war is underway.

We have also stated that the Valyancian War does not concern the NR, as the Hell’s Fury is no longer part of the New Republican Royal Navy.

   One wonders whether these disputes and this suffering may not have been mitigated or even solved, had there been a galactic, mediated forum where issues might have been addressed.

In this context, I propose for discussion the creation of a galactic body,

To provide more of a sense of what this might be about, I tentatively put forward some thooughts about the purpose of such an organisation:
  • to save sentient species from the multifold cost of armed conflict, which has

  • to reaffirm faith in fundamental rights of sentients, in the dignity and worth

  • to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations

  • to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom.
The cost of such an organisation would be considerable. I pledge that New Pacific is prepared to meet a share in proportion to her economic wealth (not her population), in addition to offering seed funds to host interim facilities. I make this offer without any recommendation that any proposed organisation be any more or less aligned with New Pacific for this contribution.

Captain Napoli is in your prescense and has been ordered to discuss this with you. The NR will pledge whatever we can to this cause, but that’s not very much money--all of the NR funds are going to the civilians.

   I welcome the thoughts of any of system governments charged with the welfare of their people.

If we die, we die with honor, but if we defeat our enemy, we may laugh.

   In faith in galactic co-operation and collaboration

John E Holt, MP First Mate of the Commonwealth of New Pacific

New Republic High Command, Saracen Station, Marma Sector (Marma Sector is off-map, in another galaxy partly under NR control)

   And yes, I shamelessly poached this text from somewhere else. Somewhere worthy though ;-)

Yes, if it’s worthy, it deserves to be copied, eh Richard? :)

-Dan