 Gaming / BrikWars / 82
    Portable Brikwars Documentation - Personal Data Thingy? —Shaun Sullivan
   Like any good acolyte in the church of Briwkars, I have a three-ring binder with all of the rules printed out, which I keep updated regularly. It is massive. 8 pounds, and probably about 10x13". When traveling, that's a lot of real estate to take (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

        Re: Portable Brikwars Documentation - Personal Data Thingy? —Julián Guerrero Molina-Prados
     (...) Well, since these rules have been released in pdf format, I think the only thing you need is: a PDA (iPAQ for example), PDF reader (I suppose it is available for those devices) and the main files. Prepare some dollars for that electonic toy! (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

         Re: Portable Brikwars Documentation - Personal Data Thingy? —Dan Simonson
     (...) Personally, I think a laptop would be easier to read and search through. I have a Pocket PC and it's irritating to have to tap and scroll. It's best for quick notes and stuff, not large documents. Also, on a laptop, you can use the internet (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

        Re: Portable Brikwars Documentation - Personal Data Thingy? —Jorge Fernandez
     You can always ask DaveE to tag along with you. He really knows the rules, all versions of them (he can even quote some of the flavor text) and has a very handy "search loophole" feature. Now seriously, or may be not so seriously, what about a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

         Re: Portable Brikwars Documentation - Personal Data Thingy? —Shaun Sullivan
     (...) So large, so bulky, so ... pasé!!! I'm hoping for something that won't require another bag, or take up a large chunk of one. I know, I know ... conflicting demands! Small enough to tote anywhere, and easily concealed even within the minimal (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, FTX)

        Re: Portable Brikwars Documentation - Personal Data Thingy? —Mike Rayhawk
   (...) The text files fit just fine in my $99 Palm m500. Depends on your budget though, the Palm Pilot screens are a little small - about 12x30 characters - so you might consider a laptop or one of those new tablets I keep hearing about. Maybe I (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)