 Gaming / BrikWars / 237
    Robot Brain —Chris Yoder
   (In BrikWars) Is it okay to have a vehicle with both a robot brain and/or a regular driver or gunner? ~Clangador (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

        Re: Robot Brain —David Eaton
   (...) I'd say "sorta". A "robot brain" is really a detrimental aspect of a trooper rather than of an actual vehicle, hence your vehicle with the simple "robot brain" addition would still have no Skill, thus being still sorta inanimate. So I'd score (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

        Re: Robot Brain —Mike Rayhawk
   (...) Nah, I think Chris is using the old RV rules from 2000, where robot brains were still worth something (RV.4.1). I don't see any reason why you can't combine a robobrain and other pilots, as long as the robot still has to follow a program (and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

        Re: Robot Brain —Chris Yoder
   (...) Yes, I'm using the RV rules. Is there a newer version of those rules, or something I should be aware of? I was under the impression they were the rules to use when building a battlemech. I have noticed inconsistancies with the RV rulebook and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

        Re: Robot Brain —Mike Rayhawk
   (...) The RV rules are for the 2000 edition, and the (latest) rulebook is 2001. There were a bunch of changes between the two years, so I'm not surprised if you're hitting inconsistencies. Most of the RV rules got absorbed into the regular vehicles (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)

        Re: Robot Brain —Chris Yoder
   (...) So, I should have used the regular rules. *Sigh* (...) Cool. (...) I'm looking forward to writing the program. I think that's the most interesting part of the RB. I was thinking of using a flow chart type program. ~Chris (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars)