 Gaming / BrikWars / 103
Re: A Public Apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Mike Rayhawk wrote:

I apologize to all my readers who placed their trust in BrikWars as a source
of well-researched and accurate information.  Furthermore, I apologize to all
people who were damaged by these offensive stereotypes, especially those in
the ninja community.

It's about time.  I've often been discouraged by the flagrant inaccuracies and
utter disregard for thorough and comprehensive research apparent throughout
Brikwars.  Just a few points that I've taken particular offense to:

(1)  Nowhere in the various platform sections is any mention made to clean
versus dirty filters in the engines.  Clearly, engine performance should be
detrimented slightly towards the end of the maintenance cycle, as oil and air
filters become loaded with contaminants.

(2)  Caloric intake and metobolic variances are COMPLETELY ommitted from all of
the combatant profiles.  Do I even need to elaborate?

(3)  I found the representation of Abnormal People to be completely
disingenuous, inaccurate, and insulting.  Please, PLEASE research your abnormal
people, even if that means ASKING us for information.  Don't be so proud.

I could go on ... component degradation versus storage time, geographic
ramifications on weapon manufacturing, climatic impacts on ballistic
trajectories (have you ever even *tried* firing a projectile weapon at the
leading edge of a high-pressure front?), and wage/labor laws as they apply to
mercenaries, for starters.  Really, I would consider the current Brikwars manual
to be a very rough (and very inaccurate) first draft of an outline of the
eventual game, with a tremendous amount of clarification, further research, and
analysis required.

In retrospect, I find your apology somewhat suspect anyway.  It seems to me that
a truly heartfelt apology couldn't help but find its way onto the front page of
the Brikwars website.

I Guess I Showed You.