 Gaming / 939
938  |  940
Subject:
WWII Brikwars (was Re: Vought F-4 Corsair)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:51:07 GMT

Now we just need to work up a battle! We've got a few Zeros and German
fighters around here and we've got P-38's, P-40's, P-51's and F-4's...
hmm... did I miss any? :)

Yeah!! That would be awesome! We could do a WW2 themed BrikWar.. Muwhaha!

Ahhhh :)  Actually, Eric Joslin and I did exactly that last year (when I was
just embarking upon my WWII modeling frenzy!).  Eric did a fantastic
1950s-comic-book-style newsreel writeup[1]:

http://people.thirteen.net/~eric/lego/bw1942.html

The thread in which we discuss the anachronistic time-frame at some length:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=694

We finally justified the name "Brikwars 1942" by citing the American presence
in France at that time as sort of an expeditionary Lend-Lease arrangements with
our good and portly friend, Winston.

Anyway, there's another WWII Brikwars game on the horizon here in the
Northeast, to be played out by the end of January at the latest (we're only
waiting on some administrative and timing details *ahem hint nudge*).  And this
time there'll be trains and tanks and actual uniformed troops and planes and
tigers and bears and so on and so forth ad infinitum ad nauseaum.

-s

[1]  If you're not at least *smirking* by the third sentence, you've already
missed out on some of the tongue-in-cheek commentary :P  And taht bit about the
track team ... ahh, this is the stuff Newburys are made of.